Rev. Ian Williams
Romans 1 v 16
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.
In the year 57 AD the Apostle Paul was on his third missionary journey and planning to go back to Jerusalem with generous offerings from the churches in Greece. Paul wrote to the church community in Rome to let them know about his travelling plans and to encourage them to give generously to help the proclamation of the Gospel. Paul felt an obligation to preach to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. He recognized the importance of evangelism and reaching the lost.
WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?
- The Gospel is the greatest message ever heard
- The Gospel is the message that Jesus lived
- The Gospel is the message that Jesus died
- The Gospel is the message that Jesus exchanged our sin for His righteousness
- The Gospel is the message that Jesus rose from the dead and He lives
- The Gospel message tells us that Jesus will return again
- The Gospel is not to be ashamed of!
The Gospel is for everyone, everyday and every moment – it’s not about religion it’s all about relationship.
The Gospel is the invitation to GO:SPEL the good news to your world. Go evangelise – Tell Your Story!