Rev. David Wilkerson
PROPHECIES THROUGH DAVID WILKERSON
Wilkerson believed that in April 1973 he received a vision regarding the future of the United Statesand subsequently gave a sermon on the vision and published a book called The Vision. He has said that God revealed to him a great calamity which was going to befallAmerica due to increase in sins such as homosexuality, sexual promiscuity, and greed.
Some of the details of this reputed vision were:
- “Worldwide recession caused by economic confusion”
- “At most a few more fat flourishing years, and then an economic recession that’s going to affect the life style of every wage-earner in the world. The world economists are going to be at loss to explain what’s happening. It’s going to start in Europe, spread toJapanand finally to theUnited States.”
- There will be a move toward a worldwide, unified monetary system. The US dollar will be hit bad and it will take years for it to recover.
- The only real security will be in real estate (until a somewhat later stage, at which point this apparent security will also disappear).
2. “Nature having labour pains”
- Environmentalists will come under heavy criticism.
- There will be major earthquakes.
- There will be a major famine.
- Floods, hurricanes and tornadoes will increase in frequency.
- “A new kind of cosmic storm appearing as a raging fire in the sky leaving a kind of vapor trail.”
3. “A flood of filth and a baptism of dirt inAmerica”
- Topless women will appear on television, followed by full nudity.
- Adult, X rated movies will be shown on cable television. Young people will gather at homes to watch this kind of material in groups.
- Sex and the occult will be mixed.
- There will be an acceptance of homosexuality, and the church will even say that it is a God-given gift.
4. “Rebellion in the home”
- “I see the new number one youth problem inAmericaand the world as hatred towards parents.”
- “A persecution madness against truly Spirit filled Christians who love Jesus Christ”
- There will arise a world church consisting of a union between liberal ecumenical Protestants and the Roman Catholic Church, using Christ in name only.
- There will be a hate Christ movement.
- There will be a spiritual awakening behind the Iron and Bamboo Curtains.
- There will be another wave of riots.
- There will be a fall in moral conduct.
- There will be a new drug that will be popular with teenagers that will break down resistance and will encourage sexual activity.
- Homosexual and lesbian ministers will be ordained and this will be heralded as a new breed of pioneer.
- There will be nude dancing in church, but this will never be widespread.
- There will be occult practices in churches.