Rev. Gary Rucci
National Leadership Team
10 GOOD REASONS FOR BEING IN ASSEMBLIES OF GOD
When Nelson Mandela was placed in solitary confinement on Robben Island he said the most dehumanising thing he had ever experienced was to be isolated from others. We are designed to be connected. Jesus’ teaching on the vine (John 15) coupled up with Paul’s teaching on the body (1Cor 12) are vivid reminders of the power and benefits of being connected.
As Nikki and I have travelled the country, we have met a number of leaders who, for various reasons, are re-evaluating their connection and commitment to the AOG. We can identify with this tension. On a few occasions over the years we have had good and justifiable reasons for leaving the AOG. However, we are still committed to this day. Why? Well let me offer you ten reasons why.
1. Because we were ‘born again’ into it. We were saved in an AOG church in Australia, under the leadership of David and Marie Cartledge. AOG has been our family for more than 27 years.
2. Because it is significant. AOG is the sixth largest denomination in the world.
3. Because it is still embracing change. Like any denomination, AOG is not without its challenges, but in this season it is continuing to embrace change.
4. Because it believes that mission is a non-negotiable. This premise is what has caused AOG to flourish in various nations. We exist to reach people with the gospel.
5. Because it wants to plant healthy churches. Church planting is the most sustainable way to expand GodsKingdom.
6. Because it is pentecostal. In a post modern secularised world, churches can be in danger of being too professional and managerial. There is a constant urge to listen to the Holy Spirit and to express His gifts.
7. Because it believes the ministry gifts as described in Ephesians 4 are for today.
8. Because it believes in and values the ministry women bring to the Kingdomof God.
9. Because most of my friends are in the AOG and almost every significant partnership and alliance we have established has come through another AOG leader.
10. Because they are continuing to invest in the emerging generation.
Stay connected because we are stronger together!